Dan, could you be more specific?

>Physically afraid isn't the point. Franchise players have long had the
>power over coaches concerning many things.

Dan, could you be more specific about Antoine and Ricky, because I
think...and I could be wrong...but I think Ricky's position is very
different from that of other coach's and gm's. Ricky has a $60m contract.
I'd say that gives him plenty of control over his future, and it could only
help him if he took control of things on the court. Besides...if Walker
complained about playing time the fans and press would come down on him
like nothing we've ever seen. Pitino would come out of it smelling like a
rose if he sat the "malcontent" at the end of the bench. I'm not trying to
be an a-hole...I just don't see how Antoine has any power over Rick and his
$60m future. The only thing Pitino needs to do is win. If Antoine's not
helping, sit him down and/or trade him for stiffs + draft choices. Playing
him would only make it worse. Besides...Pitino has complained about
Walker's weight, his immaturity, his past "contract demands." Antoine
hasn't said a negative word about Ricky. Why assume that if Antoine gets
benched he would do something to threaten Ricky's position as coach and
president. And what could that be?

>Reread the post. Did I specifically mention the 4th quarter?

I know you didn't. I asked the question because if Walker started the game
off badly, and picked it up in the second half or played a role in the
Celtics comeback, that would explain his continued presence on the court,
not "power" over Ricky and "fear" of Antoine. So...how did he play in the
last quarter?

Paul M