Going nowhere

I have good news for all of you Pitino disciples out there.  Contrary to
recent innuendos in the media which have been posted to this list, Rick
Pitino's house was not sold to make it easier for him to skip town when
things turn sour.  How do I know this?  Well, on the bus this morning I
picked up a copy of the (shockingly behind the times and not web-available)
Back Bay Courant, November 2nd to 15th edition, which reports....

"...Rick Pitino, [the Celtics'] coach, will set a Back Bay real estate
record in a few weeks when he purchases 55 Commonwealth Avenue for nearly
[wait for it] $6 million."

"Pitino's new home has 10,000 square feet of living space, five bedrooms, an
au pair suite, a two car garage, a huge wine cellar in the basement and an
elevator."

I'm jealous.  I want a house where I can take an elevator to the wine
cellar.  Is this guy the luckiest guy in the world, or what?  I mean he's
got the best job in the world, he's rich beyond most of our wildest dreams.
The bastard!  No wonder so many of us can't stand him.

Jim