Gloating

I'm still savoring the happy glow from last night, and checked out the Toronto
Star's coverage of teh game. For some reason I'm not able to cut and paste
their copy, but the url is http://www.thestar.ca/editorial/raptors98/index.html

Here are a few choice highlights:

•the game "at times resembled the darkest days of the worst year in franchise history"

•McGrady is ripping Butch Carter for not playing him more, and Carter is
self-flagellating for his substitution patterns. "It's his fault, he even said
so," says McGrady. Love is in the air.

•Toronto "played defense like it was allergic to it."

And, down near the end of the story, the paper finally gives the Celtics its
due instead of spinning it like Toronto gave the game away to a bunch of chumps:

•"The Raptors were simply outclassed and outworked."

Writes another Star columnist: "Yikes. Put those pre-season playoff
predictions on the back burner. Right now they're colder than the Raptor big men."