50-42

Regardless of what happens and what the final outcome of this game is, there
is one thing plainly clear to me about this Celts edition; THEY WILL MAKE
LIFE MISERABLE FOR THE OPPOSITION!!

I read during the preseason that Griffin hadn't shown too much.  He has
played very well and had an explosive dunk in traffic.  He seems very
intelligent and plays solid defense.  10 pts and 3 asts.

McCarty has apparently been working on his stroke and has knocked down 3
treys I think.  He seems to be getting his feet set properly this year
instead of just heaving it.  11 pts.

Potapenko doesn't seem to have it yet, but it is early and I am willing to
wait a little bit for it to come.  He shot an 18 footer when he had Toine
wide open on the wing without a man guarding him which kinda ticked me off.

Turner will be very useful to us.  He plays excellent D and has already
shown me that he is willing to take a charge from the big guys.  Though it
wasn't called because a foul was whistled immediately prior to the contact.

Toine doesn't appear to be in the worst condition in the world, but he
doesn't have his "A" game yet either.  We need him to succeed though and I
pray that his all-round game blossoms cuz if it does, we'll be more than
tough BECAUSE:

PAUL PIERCE IS DA BOMB BABY!!!!!!!  Incredible 1st half in every possible
manner.  Shooting 3's.  Driving to the rack.  The pull-up pop.  The in the
lane runner.  Solid D.  And smiling his way right throuhg the Raptors.  20
pts on 9/13 shooting.  Butch Carter said he must use someone else to guard
Pierce.

All this without Fortson and Barros who didn't make the trip due to the
death of his Grandmother.  We have every reason for hope this year.

Cecil

My ICQ# is 12716333
Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/12716333 (go there and try it!)
Send me E-mail Express directly to my computer screen
12716333@pager.mirabilis.com