Treys

Just a quick comment on the departed, unmourned Eric Washington. All those who
claim he is a "legitimate three-point threat" obviously are not looking at his
first year in the league. He shot a decent percentage last year, but lots of
people did lots of things in that 50 game flukey pseudo season. Washington had
a hard time finding the basket from any range during his brief tenure as a
Celtic. What happened here was, Eric Williams made a comment shortly after the
trade about how Washington was this great three-point shooter, and many of us
bought it.

And as for Cheaney, he has absolutely no business ever shooting a trey. He
shot them well in college, but I don't think he's ever shown the ability to do
so in the pros. I remember back in the days he didn't suck with Washington, he
consistently hit a high percentage of his jumpers, but virtually no treys ...
almost an exact duplicate of Ron Mercer's rookie year.