Re: USA Today: Rotisserie Chicken Rankings of Celtics Players

Way Of The Ray wrote:

> Here are the rankings from Chris Colston's column:
>
> Centers: Vitaly #28
>          Battie #29

Folks, I know these rankings are not to be taken seriously, but still...

Mourning, Mutombo, Ewing, Ilgauskas, O'Neal, Williams, Campbell,
Sabonis,Duncan, Robinson, Olajuwon, Geiger, Divac. That's 13 centers, in
no particular order, who I think are better than Potapenko.

Others centers who had numbers in the same neighborhood as Vitalyi are
Bradley, Smits and Olowokandi. Heck, I could even add folks like Reeves,
Austin, and Ostertag, even though their numbers were generally poorer
than Potapenko's. But Bradley is a bean stalk, Reeves, Austin, and
Ostertag are usually overweight and unmotivated, and Smits, at 7-4,
averaged 5.6 rpg & 1 bpg, and VP had him for lunch.

Age aside,the only center (besides the first 13) whom I would take over
VP is Olowokandi. The question is, even if for some reason one prefers
some of the second tier centers over VP, who does Colston think are the
other dozen or so centers that are better than VP?

It turns out that not only every single one of these second tier centers
is deemed superior to VP, but so are people like:
Doleac (6ppg, 3rpg)
Skinner (who? Oh, the guy that averaged 4ppg, 2.5 rpg)
Dampier (39%fg)
the entire 206 lbs. of Jerome Williams
someone by the name of Fieck (Colston must've meant Jamie Feick)
Cato (3.5ppg, 3.5rpg)
the unforgettable Luc "Mr.Intensity" Longley
Sean Rooks (2.7ppg, 2rpg)
LaFrentz (???)

> Forwards:
>            Fortson  #35

You'd think being 4th in rebounding and averaging double figures in
points and rebounds would fetch you something better than a #35 ranking.
After all, only 11 players, and only 5 forwards did that last year. But
no, not with Colston. What do you expect from a guy whose all-time
favorite team is Tiny Archibald, Pete Maravich, Dave DeBusschere, Clyde
Frazier and Bob McAdoo...