prediction

I've been on the list for years, and never participated in the prediction
sweepstakes.  But this year I'll give it a try:  Lots of exciting, close
losses, but only 35 wins.

This weekend, as I was boring my wife by lamenting over the lost glory days
of the Celtics, I commented to her that, if I were a player who could
choose between a contract of, lets say,  70 million, to play for a team
with little of no "mystique" as a sports franchise, or playing with a team
like the storied Celtics for "only" 50 million, I would choose to be part
of a team that had a history.  I would want my name raised to the rafters
with the likes of Russell, Cousy, and Bird.  After all, is there really a
practical difference between 50 million and 70 million?

I'm just ramblin on because I see such a bleak year this year.....