Re: armstrong over hardaway...

> Well, I didn't mention Allan Houston as a bust.  I never said that you =
> can measure any player after a game!!!  Maybe you can quote me on saying =
> that I see players who will and can mature after a year or two right =
> away.  And then I mentioned Hardaway and Walker's names.  Hardaway's =
> case is that he went thru a rollercoaster ride and just couldn't shake =
> off the cobwebs.  As in the case of Walker, he is just a selfish dude =
> that thinks he could win it all by himself.  Walker is actually a good =
> talent but kinda wasted coz of his stubborness.  He would be the kind =
> that would have a 30% fg percentage career in the NBA...you can count on =
> that.

If you can really extrapolate a player's career based on their first year
or two, then you should apply for a job as a high paid NBA personnel
consultant. I don't think any person who works in the NBA would claim that
they could do the same. Cecil mentioned Houston as one example but there
are numerous other examples of selfish players who matured into team players
later in their careers. It's not like they have a predetermined "selfish
gene" that they can't overcome.

I would bet a lot of money on Antoine shooting better than 30% fg for his
career. I'd guess there are very, very few players in the NBA that shoot
30%; and Antoine has done far better in his short career so far.

Alex