Re: armstrong over hardaway...

----- Original Message -----
From: Jaime Salud Castillo, Jr.
To: Celtics
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 1999 3:34 AM
Subject: armstrong over hardaway...

Hey guys, if this rumor about Pitino wanting to get hardaway is true...man, that would really just bust up the team more.  Having a couple of "talented" brick throwers in the team is too much and this??? adding another one???  Man, Antoine is the type of player you'd say in a few years that has/had the talent but the mature mind???? no i guess not, no improvement in that department for sure even if you give him 10 years!!!  Everybody should already know once you see a player, that you'd be able to know if he's the kind to mature and be a team player

*You were doing pretty well until you made the previous statement.  I, for one, do not profess to be capable of judging a player based on limited observation.  I remember thinking that Allan Houston would be a bust based off the first game I saw him play.  He shot something like 3/16.  Did you see him in the playoffs this year?  I think we are all making a mistake, and giving ourselves far too much credit, when we make these assessments so early in a player's career.  I am not advocating on behalf of Hardaway, or anyone else.  Just that these guys are not as limited as they sometime may appear.

Cecil

...unfortunately, Antoine and Hardaway are one of those players among the bunch in the NBA!!!  Pierce...definitely the "good maturing type"!!! You know guys, I'd really choose Armstrong over Hardaway in a heartbeat.  If there's only a way to do that...