Re: Penny Hardaway

>He thinks of himself as a shooting guard but would probably fit in best at
>point guard for the Celtics. Some have noted that he doesn't have tremendous
>point guard skills but I think he's better than sufficient for Pitino's
>system (run up the floor, give it up to the guy in the high post).

I love the "idea" of Penny Hardaway much more than the actual player. The
player makes you want to cry because he could've been the best point guard
in the league post-Magic. His problem is that he never fully embraced the
position. He just doesn't want, it seems to me, to "create" with his
teammates in mind. He is a spectacular talent, absolutely
spectacular...with very little toughness or heart. There is no reason why
Penny couldn't play point guard and with his height, athletic ability and
offensive skills, dominate the position every night. Makes you want to cry.
We're still on course for a Spree/Rider finals. Thank God Malone choked
away another playoff series. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Paul M.