RE: Moves ?

I think you overrate both Mercer & Walker's ability. Both should take a
good look at Tim Duncan and how to handle yourself.  If Mercer can't hit
the jumper beyond 15 feet he is merely another athletic dime a dozen off
guard.
and in no way worth $10M a year or whatever the max is.  That is why he
will be gone.

As for Walker, another disappointing, take the money and run,  player that
will never bring you a championship unless he learns basketball is a team
game.  Too slow to play the 3,  and just gets his ass kicked defensively at
the 4.  If he can learn to get physical and play some D, and quit taking
the clank fu free throw shooting course,  maybe he can get to where Tim
Duncan is already somewhere.

I was not saying Odom is guaranteed to be a sure thing.

As for Richmond, he is a proven veteran all-star something the Celtic need
badly, and something Mercer is far from being.

As for Mashburn, better get the Maalox,  Pitino has been the one trying to
get him for the past 2 years.

n Monday, May 24, 1999 8:11 PM, Sherry & Hart [SMTP:hartleyo@ix.netcom.com]