thinking about Ron

Hey guys,

I dont think that Mercer will be traded, at least for now.....

We wouldn't get full value for him at the moment and wont until he
becomes a free agent. After thinking about it, I fully expect Ron to
stay a Celtic until he becomes a free-agent in which time the C's and RP
will have to either re-sign him for good or sign-and-trade him.

It makes sense for Ron this way because he will purely get more dollars.
Its also good for the Celts because it will give them a full 82 game
season and full pre-season camp(s) to see if they can click together. I
also agree with Gil on his view on Popeye, a cut and paste quote from
his mail "I would also want to see if Popeye stil has  something to
offer.  I really like his game especially, his Dallas days.  If  not,
trade him in the middle of the season."

That leaves us with with these players as certainties to be a Celtic
next season.

Center - Vitaly Potapenko
Forward - Antoine Walker
Forward - Paul Pierce
Guard - Ron Mercer
Guard - Dana Barros
Forward / Center - Tony Battie
Forward - Walter McCarty
Forward - Popeye Jones
Forward / Guard - Greg Minor
Guard - Damon Jones

I expect Boston to sign-and-trade Bruce Bowen to Miami for someone such
as Dan Majerle.
I dont expect Eric Riley or Dwayne Schnitzius to be re-signed.
I expect the Celts to do something similar to what the Minnesota
Timberwolves did with Michael Williams - they traded him, their draft
pick in 99 or 00 and the draft rights to Zelkjo Rebraca  for Bobby
Jackson and Dean Garrett and the better of the two 99 1st round picks
that Denver owns.

Thoughts?

Warwick