trade for Bulls #1

Kenny Anderson & Ron Mercer for the Bulls #1, Randy Brown, and (maybe Mark
Bryant & other considerations)
With a number one pick we can get a player as equally talented and maybe
even more talented than Mercer.  Richard Hamilton may be it because of his
inside-outside game & he has shown that he has maturity and poise during
U-Conn's championship run in the NCAA.  Randy Brown primarily for his
defense.  Besides, he has shown that he can compliment his  superstar team
mates.  Bryant for his toughness and experience.
I would not let go of Battie.  He will eventually evolve into the best 4 in
our line up.  Besides, it will cost less to re-sign him than Mercer if the
Celtics do so right now.  Waiting at the end of next season would not be a
wise move because he will be a better player by then and will surely be
asking for more dough.  I would also want to see if Popeye stil has
something to offer.  I really like his game especially, his Dallas days.  If
not, trade him in the middle of the season.