Chicago wins lottery - seems awfully fishy

>>> "R. Bentz Kirby" <bocelts@usit.net> 05/22/99 10:58pm >>>
I am trying to figure out if I am upset that Chicago is lucky enough to
get pick No. 1, or if I am happy that there is no Tim Duncan in the
draft.  And maybe not even a Keith Van Horne.  Damn this sucks.  Well,
at least the Lakers got beat again.  That is good.
Bentz
bocelts@usit.net <<<<

You know...I've always scoffed when fans / sports media have
insinuated that the NBA Draft Lottery selection is somehow fixed.  That
said, it does seem more than a little ironic that the Chicago Bulls--glamour
team of both the NBA and NBC for so many years--would score the first
pick after only one post-Jordan season.  When I saw it on Saturday, I
couldn't help but shake my head, as it seemed a bit artificial...