Re: Wallace on Miami talk

> Subject: Wallace on Miami talk
> Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 23:54:42 -0500
> From: Sherry & Hart <hartleyo@ix.netcom.com>
> To: celtics@igtc.com
>
> Chris Wallace was on the radio with Hank Goldberg today and had some
> interesting things to say.
>         1. Celtics will probably not be heavily involved in the free agent
> signing due to cap problems unless someone can be signed under the
> exempt rule.

I guess he's never hear of a sign and trade.

>         2. Celtics realize with their 2nd round pick, there is not much to
> expect, but will use it to draft the best defensive player available
> unless somehow the Gods look down on them and grant them a top 3 pick.

I predict they'll take 7-3 Mongolian Bot Bot, number one shotblocker in
the
Gobi Desert league.

>         3. It doesn't seem that a trade is in the offering, unless there is a
> high draft pick ALSO involved.

Is his name Chris Wallace or BS Wallace?  This is Trader Rick we're
talking
about and Jamal Mashburn is calling out to him.

>         4. After watching the playoffs, so far he feels that there are very few
> players who ask for the ball in crunch time. He named Malone/Stockton,
> Sprewell, Miller and Duncan as the crunch time players. He also said
> Antoine is a player who wants the ball when the game is on the line.

Unfortunately those other guys are much better shooters than Antoine.
Well maybe not Sprewell.

>         5 They feel very confident that with a full practice and exhibition
> season, they will be much better than people will probably give them
> credit for and that they could improve as much as the sixers did this
> year. By the way, I got the impression that the Sixers would be the
> class of the East next year.

Not with the current personnel.  Those Philly punks can play defense.
The same can't be said for the Boston lads.

>         6. The team with all their cap money available is the Bulls, but he
> felt that there is not a good crop of free agents, which will hurt them
> to improve that much. He said with the advent of the new agreement, you
> have pretty much seen the end of the big stars leaving their original
> teams since their original team is the one that can pay the most and
> that will add stability to the league.

I hope Chris Wallace is a better evaluator of talent than he is a
prognosticator.
Ray