Payton and Oakley (was Re: PF pickups)

My mantra for this off-season is Payton and Oakley.  Add those two to
the
Celtics and things will be looking up.  I  think there's a chance that
this
could occur.  With Seattle having a lottery pick for a change, they
have the possibility of drafting a quality young point guard, so there's
not the necessity of dealing Payton strictly for a point guard
replacement,
rather they could concentrate on strengthening the other positions on
the club.
Say, shooting guard for instance = Mercer; a young power forward =
Battie; a decent point guard = Barros, and a future draft pick.  Even
Bob Witless isn't stupid enough to trade Payton within their division,
so the
Sonics can be tormented for the next five years.  Nah, he'll try to deal
him East, if he deals him at all, so he only has to worry about
occasional
reprisals.

I feel if the C's could add Payton, it would add a high degree of
credibility
to the club in the eyes of free agent veterans, who are willing to
sacrifice
a large contract in return for the chance to compete for a title.
Players like
Oakley and Richmond, maybe even a Charles Barkley.  But acquiring Payton
is
a must...
Ray