Ming Dynasty??

Thanks "Way" for posting that article on 7-5 Chinese center (Yao Ming),
although, I ask you, what ever happened to my man Zhi Zhi "Rice Man"
Wang (seriously)?

Look folks, I've been waiting ALL MY LIFE for just one Asian boy to make
it to the NBA. This year a Japanese guard represented Asia in the Nike
All Star game (Dirk Nowitzki's breakout game last year), but he isn't
much of a prospect IMHO. I spent a year in Beijing procrastinating as a
graduate student (studying Mandarin as a requirement), so inevitably
I've kinda learned about the basketball scene over there. FYI, they have
MORE people playing organized basketball out there than any other
country in the world, and they also have some big and tall dudes up
north (most of the Chinese we see who emigrate are from the south, not
that they are necessarily wimps either). If you look at the national
team, you'll see three or four legitimate 7 footers who are not just
petuitary gland cases. These are huge guys. Mastadons. Their elbows are
the size of my butt cheeks.

I don't know what I'm saying! Quanto e bella e dolce la vita! Have a
good weekend, fellow Celts listers.

Joe

------