Rumors.htm

   CAPTION: [INLINE]

                         THESE ARE GREAT PRODUCTS!

                      [1]Please visit our sponsors.

                     [2]Click Here to Visit our Sponsor

                NEW INFO ADDED WILL BE IN A DIFFERENT COLOR

                      [3][LINK]   [4]LE FastCounter

                 This Counter started at 10000 on 5/26/98

   MORE OFF SEASON RUMORS: To Continue the discussion started below,
   heres the rest of the teams:

   GOLDEN STATE- Will have a nice draft position, and is expected to
   benifit from a fairly secure core, Erck Dampier is a question mark,
   many around the league say that Dampier may not be the superstar
   center he appeared to be, and some say that contract talk has effected
   his mental game. The Warriors had put off Dampiers requested for an
   extention and both parties agreed to discuss things this summer,
   Golden State is not ready to lock up Dampier to a cap killer deal like
   they have done with Caffey. They are likey to lose Tony Delk to free
   agency and will look heavily at some of the free agent guards and hope
   that their upward move this year and their exceptions may be
   attractive enough, they may lose Terry Cumming to free agency too.
   LA CLIPPERS- Are planning to make big waves this summer, whether that
   means splashing in their own pool or someone else, who knows at this
   point, sources close to LA say CHris Ford may not be replaced as head
   coach, and that the team will likey trade way their top pick this
   year. They have limited chances at resigning their key free agents,
   and most notably Lorenzen Wright who may agree to a sign and trade
   with LA, also among the walking dead that may find new life elsewhere
   is Sherman Douglas who may not return either, although he does have a
   great relationship with Chris Ford. The Clips say they intend to build
   around Micheal Olowokandi and Maurice Taylor. I have heard rumor that
   a potential deal involving Boston sending Kenny Anderson and Ron
   Mercer to LA for a resigned Lorenzen Wright and swaping of Bostons
   picks with LA could work out if Boston is able to retain their
   protected pick they traded to Cleveland.
   LA LAKERS- Also plan to make big new this summer, in addition to
   moving into a new arena for next year, the Lakers are going to rework
   their uniforms and logos abit. They have big trouble ahead of them, as
   Shaquille O'neal has an opt out of his deal, and plans to use it to
   max his term again, he will also likey make demands of the team, his
   words are 93% certain he'll return, but I have heard that his agent
   has littley and unoffically discussed trades with New Jersey and a
   free agent deal with Chicago, all that are expected to be used as
   leverage to getShaq the deal he wants. Glen Rice has one more year on
   his deal, so the Lakers may be able to dodge that bullet, although
   they may get hit hard as Jerry West has told media recently that he
   knows that his days as a lakers are numbered, more so by him, than by
   anyone else, he says he will sit down with the owner and see whats
   best for the team and for Jerry himself. Some close to the sitaution
   say that if Shaq does leave or threatens to leave that West will toss
   in the towel too.
   PHILADELPHIA- Its great to win, and with most of the free world seeing
   the 76ers as a great unit, they will likey not have much change for
   next year, ownership is happy, coaching staff will ticker, but nothing
   major, and the 76ers will also benifit from another year together. No
   trades are expected or predicted and that Sixers seem set to run again
   next year.
   PHOENIX- Whoever started this Jason Kidd on the block rumor needs to
   get a clue. Jerry Colangelo when asked about the possibilties of
   trading Jason, laughed, sighting not in a million years. I have heard
   that the Suns are not happy with Luc Longley or Tom Gugliotta, and
   that both players may be available for trade. The Suns are again
   hoping they can convince Cliff Robinson to hange around, but he is
   likey to play the free agent dance again. The will not likey have a
   high draft choice, but may have a pick coming from Dallas (who knows
   where the picks will fall, I can't track them anymore.) Either way the
   Suns are hoping they can find a gem in the draft as thheir immediate
   caproom is gone forever (unless they can unload Googs) Phoenix may
   make a deal, but its not clear yet what they are looking to get, and
   what they'll give up.
   PORTLAND- Although seem to be hitting the mark in the playoffs may be
   forced to make some changes simply because the ego won't be contained
   for another season. JR Rider is a problem child at best, and Damon is
   tired of being on the bench in the 4th quarter. Rasheed Wallace and
   Brian Grant seem to be the only duplicate players that can coexist.
   The Blazers will lose Jermaine O'neal, and will likey lose Kelvin
   Cato, too when his deal expires, if they can deal him I think they
   will. I expect that Portland will try and package out a re-signed
   Jermaine O'Neal and Cato for someone that fills a void, but they may
   liquidate those guys for future picks too.
   SACRAMENTO- Has had a stellar year and if they can pull out some wins
   in Sacramento this week they may make small changes. I do not expect
   them to tinker too much, but they have a serious issue with Corliss
   Williamson, who took far less than value to return to Sacramento, he
   has already indicated that he expects a monster deal or he'll walk.
   Also the Kings will offically have new owners that are on the fence
   about retaining him at big dollars. The Kings may for the first time
   in a while not be looking for a superstar in the draft, I expect they
   will look for another big man, or maybe look at small forwards to
   replace Williamson. I see no major trades in Sac's future unless they
   get immediatly spanked at home against the Jazz, even then I doubt
   they mess with their success.
   SAN ANTONIO- Will not likey mess with their roster much either,
   especially when more than half of their team will be free agents after
   next season, the Spurs showed well in the later half of this season,
   and unless absolute disater falls in Minnesota this week, I expect
   that the Spurs will wait out next year, with the guys they have. the
   draft will hold little for the Spurs as the bottom part of this draft
   class are project guys at best.
   SEATTLE- Is expected to deal like crazy. 1st- Detlef Schrempf will be
   offered a new deal, less than his last deal, he will be brought back
   as a bench player, and this may not suit Det, there is talk he may
   retire. The Sonics will also likey trade Hersey hawkins who has
   problems with playing from the bench this year, also expected to be
   out the door is Don MacLean, although he played great in the final
   games for Seattle, he has new found value again and the Sonics want to
   make some changes. Olden Polynice will be let go, and the team will
   try and resign Vin baker, I am hearing they will not offer him a max
   deal, although his career numbers warrant it, they feel safer in a mid
   level deal. The Sonics are said to be interested ina deal for Doug
   Christie, and will also try an offer Shandon Anderson a deal away from
   Utah, although Anderson may stay in Utah. Gary Payton is rumored to be
   willing to see what Seattle can put together this year, and will not
   force a trade unless the moves prove to be bad for the team, which
   many say is more likey. The Sonics will have a lottery pick, and may
   find luck with those ping pong balls.
   TORONTO- Had a unexpectly good year, so much so that many of the key
   guys where still in town after the season wrapped up. Charles Oakley
   is said to be willing to talk with Toronto about a new deal, but he
   expecting much more than they offered him at midseason. The Raptors
   are also said to be willing to trade Doug Christie as Vince carter is
   projected to start at the 2 guard spot, and Tracy McGrady at the 3.
   The Raptors are hoping the draft will be good to them again, and they
   are looking for immediate impact guys, in the hopes of a playoff run
   next season. They may be willing to agree to a sign and trade for
   Oakley, if they can't resign him.
   UTAH- Has never been a big trade team, and rookie hold little value
   for Jerry Sloan, the team will be focusing alittle more attention next
   season on their bench players at the guard positions, as Stockton and
   Hornacek are in their final years this year, both are likey to step
   away after their contracts end, although Stockton has said he may come
   back for a final year if the Jazz win a title.
   VANCOUVER- Will look at changes in the front office and in coaching,
   Brian Hill may be fired, and the team will consider their roster
   carefully, they have been said to be willing to trade their top pick,
   for a quality veteran, with a year or two on their deal, they may talk
   with Boston about Kenny Anderson. This team is way too talented for
   their record. I expect cahnges across the board this year.
   WASHINGTON- Mitch Richmond has indicated the new head coach will
   determine oif he resigns, he is expecting the max deal available to
   him although this years numbers were not great. The Wizards have a
   number of areas to address, namely they need a healthy team, and
   offseason conditioning should be something the team pushes, they need
   another domiant big man, they played center by commitee and had no
   sucess against the big centers. I expect that you will see alot of
   changes in the Wizards team as they have key free agents that are not
   expected to reutrn, among them are Calbert Chaney and Mitch Richmond,
   and Tracy Murray may be traded.

   OFF SEASON RUMORS: As some teams are already looking at the draft and
   free agency, below is a list of the moves I have heard mentioned
   already-

   ATLANTA- Is hoping Laphonso Ellis will either get healthy or retire,
   they are said to be interested in making another pitch to Rick Fox.
   Also will listen to trade talk concerning Ellis.
   BOSTON- Will likey trade Kenny Anderson. They have been heard to want
   to package Anderson and Mercer for a substanial point guard
   CLEVELAND- Mike Fratello may leave Cleveland as head coach and is said
   to have interest in the New Jersey job. Sources in Cleveland say that
   the Cavs would let Fratello out of his deal, to not coach. But if he
   chooses to coach somewhere else they will expect compensation to the
   level of the Heats compensation for Riley (1st round draft pick and
   $1million) Sources also say they will offer to extend Brevin Knight,
   and Derek Anderson, but Anderson will not get serious money from
   Cleveland.
   CHARLOTTE- May trade Anthony Mason if he cannot coexist with the
   starters on the squad, have heard reports that a deal may be swung
   with Dallas, involving a sign and trade with Gary Trent, or Samaki
   Walker, with one of Dallas' overpaid point guards. Has agreed to 4
   year deal with now head coach Paul Silas. Micheal Jordan is out of
   talks with George Shinn to buy the team, Shinn is expected to land a
   new partner before the beginning of play in November.
   CHICAGO- May not go nuts with free agent crop this year, may wait out
   the next years crop, which will include David Robinson, Tim Duncan,
   Tim Hardaway, and Reggie Miller. Is said to have interest in Vin
   Baker, Penny Hardaway, John Wallace, Bo Outlaw, Erick Dampier.
   Reinsdorf has laid the table with recent comments about no timetable
   to rebuild, as many in the know say Chicago is still MJ's house and no
   real superstars are eager to wear a Bulls uni.
   DALLAS- Gray Trent is someone they'd like to keep, they will make
   offers to both Trent and Samaki Walker. They are expected to let AC
   Green go, as well as Ansu Seasey. Would consider making a trade
   involving Robert Pack, reports have said they may make an offer to
   Charloote for Anthony Mason.
   DETRIOT- Has a serious power forward jam. May make a trade this summer
   involving Loy Vaught, said to have interest in a serious backup point
   guard and they need a serious shooter to replace Joe Dumars, have
   limited cash under the cap, but are expected to look at mid level free
   agents with expections.
   DENVER- Speculation that the Nuggets may let Nick Van Exel walk. His
   me first menalty really had a bad effect on McDyess, who Nick is
   supposedly close friends with. The Nuggets may not make a coaching
   change which will be hard to justify with the Nuggets record, there is
   talk that the new ownership coming in will pump money into the club,
   in the form of a high calibre coach and there has been speculation
   that the Nuggets might be attractive to Phil Jackson, as he is said to
   like the area alot. The Nuggets are hoping that another good draft
   choice and a healthy center will be more help than wholesale changes
   again. Don't rule out a trade.
   INDIANA- Will look at a youth movement in the offseason, they have one
   more full season with Reggie Miller, Mark Jackson, and Chris Mullin.
   Some have speculated that fialure to reach the Finals will signal some
   serious trades. The Pacers are hoping to hear from Larry Bird about
   whether rumors of him stepping down early are untrue, he has said that
   if the players want him back, he'll return. The Pacers are not
   expected to draft high and will likey add another project guy that can
   play if needed.
   HOUSTON- Is in a tough spot with the addition of Scottie Pippen, the
   Rockets are over the cap, although the big three did well considering
   the situation, sources close to the team are hoping that they cxan
   attract someone of serious calibre to this team for an exception. They
   drafted very well this year, and are expected to make another good
   draft, as they need help at all positions.
   NEW JERSEY- Will play with their roster this summer, have heard
   everything from Stephon being traded to them landing Shaq. The real
   story is this, the only players on the team that are fairly secure are
   Van Horn, Marbury and Kittles. Kittles may be dealt if the right
   package comes along. Management has indicated that jayson Williams
   injury is a concern, and has let it be know they would hold no ill
   will towards Jayson for taking the insurabce money that he could
   receive if it he were to say he's unable to play. He has told media
   that if the Nets do not offer to resign interim head coach Don Casey,
   that he would see that as the team saying take the insurance money.
   Which he says he'd do.
   NEW YORK- Is said to have interest in a sign and trade deal for Terrel
   Brandon. Also reports say that Checketts has called a few GM's about
   Latrell Sprewell. My Knicks source says that the Knicks will again try
   and part with their over paid backcourt, The Knicks also have interest
   in aquiring another big name forward, although no cash is anywhere
   close to available to the Knicks except for their exceptions. I expect
   the Knicks to make another trade, likey with Sprewell as the bait, to
   get Childs or Ward off the books. I have heard that Minnesota will
   consider an offer but will have to be greatly in Minnesota's favor.
   MIAMI- Their future is tied to their playoff run. Sources close to
   Riley say if this team can't advance he'll make changes. I have heard
   that PJ Brown is the guy with the most value that Riley would consider
   moving, although he is still in Riley's terms, his best all around
   player. I have heard that Miami will let Dan Majerle walk, as Dan's
   back has kept him out of more practices than in. I also have heard
   that Weatherspoon is expected to work harder in the offseason and may
   be a bigger factor in Miami's plans next year if he resigns. Voshon
   Leonard is available, as is Keith Askins, Miami will look at trades
   again, and their draft will be a joke.
   MILWAUKEE- The Bucks have a fairly secure roster, they have no
   siginifcant free agents and will likey benifit from an offseon
   together, they will draft in the middle, and may pick up another big
   man. I expect no serious changes in Milwaukee.
   MINNESOTA- McHale is hoping Joe Smith enjoys the playoffs in Minnesota
   more than Googs and Steph did, some say Smith will stay, other say
   he's going to bolt for more money. Time will tell. Terrell Brandon has
   quitely said he may leave, and agreed to allow Minnesota to sign and
   trade him, if he goes. The T-wolves are hoping free agents will see
   them as a playoff team, and come for exceptions, other than that they
   are kinda stuck. They got a gravy pick from new jersey, so they may
   land another impact player in the draft to go along with Garnett, I
   have heard big man is ther next acquisition. I have also heard they
   may choose to fill in their possibly facated point guard spot with a
   veteran for an exception.
   ORLANDO- Has to wonder if Penny is really the man? Playoff outcome
   will show his true colors as he has had flashes of dominace in prior
   playoffs. Chuck daly may excerise an opt out he has in his contract if
   the Magic. make a bad decesion with Hardaway. Ike Austin is a bust in
   orlando, and they may look to trade him, as Mike Doleac is a better
   player, and clear out the caprrom that Austin takes up. The Magic have
   a draft pick or two coming, so they may look at size there two.
   Fortunately the key nucleus is still locked in, and with Armstron
   having no signs of a breakdown ahead the magic may look to retool
   abit.
   <MORE LATER>