Re: Idea

> Hey guys,
>
> Why dont we do that Baker trade and move Ron Mercer and a re-upped Bruce
> Bowen to Seattle for Baker and a future draft pick. Then sign Calbert
> Cheaney to whatever we can...

1) Because Seattle wouldn't do the Baker trade.
2) Cheaney's not exactly a great player. He was impressive in college.
In the pros he's another swingman that can't shoot the 3 and doesn't
have any other particular talents. He's been getting worse and worse, too,
especially this year when he's been absolutely terrible.
(7.7ppg, 41% fg, 49% ft).

I suppose someone will probably take a chance on him for the minimum
or an exception as a backup swingman.

The whole idea of "vets not playing for Pitino" is a load of BS.
The reason we're not going to get top vets in free agency is because
we have no cap room, and because we're not a contender (and can't
attract the good championship-seeking veterans at the exception, unlike
Miami, say).

Alex