WAS: Bruce Bowen Bashed and Coaches

At 01:51 PM 5/7/99 -0300, damekmo@teleport.com wrote:
>>Bruce Bowen
>>D-plus
>>
>>According to Bulpett, Bowen's been bad-mouthing the
>>C's to opposing players, and it'll be a "major upset
>>if he were back".  The team's also mad at him for not
>>developing an outside shot, after being told it "No. 1
>>improvement priority in the summer."
>
>And we all thought he was such a nice young man who worked hard, played
>defense, kept his mouth shut, never talked trash, no wiggles. The perfect
>Celtic. Turns out he's satan. How could we have been fooled like that?

May I suggest your # 1 summer priority be a high colonic or two and a
prescription for lighten up pills!!>G< Since when is Bulpetts column
gospel?  We read rumors and they are immediately fact. The grain of  salt
theory need be applied to both the Boston Press and to Coach Rick, ML etc.
Lets keep in mind everyone has their own agenda. The season just ended for
our team last Wednesday so let us take a little time to smell the flowers
and enjoy the summer. Let us also wait to see what moves or non moves RP
and the Celtics make before we run him out of town on a rail. Am I
satisfied with a nineteen win season? Hell no but I see light at the end of
the Big Dig and that is more than I can say for ML's last year as Coach. I
often read that RP should pull off more RED type deals.Well with the rare
exception those type of deals are not going to happen. There are too many
differences especially with having to fall under the cap and making sure
that the trade matches up. In the good old days Red could trade just about
anybody  for whomever he wanted if the other team was happy. Well that dog
won't hunt in todays NBA. I am by no means a RP cheerleader but I think he
is a lot better than almost anyone else available and should be given more
time to bring home the proverbial bacon. I will await the summer moves with
great anticipation but in the meantime my Red Sox will continue to confound
me and hopefully my Bruins will continue playing in the playoffs like the
Little Engine Who Could!! Will they win the cup? I think they can. I think
they can!!!!  Later and enjoy the good weather!! Mike