I love Michael Holley!

Do you know what I like best about ML Carr, other than the fact that he's
not Rick Pitino? It's that he doesn't give a rat's ass what anybody thinks
about him. He certainly knew that Ricky wouldn't be thrilled to hear these
comments. But you know what, it's good for the Golden Boy to feel the
screws turning every now and then. ML certainly got it enough from all
sides.

>                                ''You could talk to John Havlicek and he'd
>                                be disappointed,'' Pitino said. ''You
>                                could talk to Bill Russell and he'd be
>                                disappointed. Quite frankly, M.L. has no
>                                bearing on our organization at all. If he
>                                said positive things, it wouldn't really
>                                have any bearing. We'd rather have
>                                positives than negatives, but there's no
>                                disappointment in his remarks. Because
>                                nobody is content or happy about losing.''

"There's no disappointment in his remarks"....."nobody is happy about
losing"...John Havlicek can say he's disappointed...Bill Russell can say
he's dispappointed and probably everybody on this list can say they're
disappointed. Can we all admit that we're disappointed with this last
season and Pitino bears some responsibility...so our disappointment can
extend a tiny bit to the President/Coach/Gm? So we can all give our opinion
about disappointment...but not ML, who by the way, has no bearing on this
organization, so what difference does it make what he says. Unfortuantely
of course, the guy's right. This last season's won lost record certainly
takes some of the shine off Ricky's stellar NBA coaching career. He sounded
a bit defensive in the above quote...no? I guess this means he'd be kind of
upset if Gaston brought in Jerry West to help with....everything! Oh
God...this is going to be an exciting offseason.

Paul M.