Re: Way of Ray

Way of the Ray wrote:

>Two things [Pierce] can execute better than Mercer are three point shooting
>and
>defense.

Is this really true? Have we seen much of Pierce defending two guards?? I know
he came up with a lot of steals and blocks early in the season, but have we
seen him display the speed and lateral quickness to defend half the better
shooting guards in the NBA?

>What have any of the Celtics won on the NBA level?

So we should continue to turn our roster over for an ongoing parade of stiffs?

>The Suns are playing very well as of late.

Yeah, but they ain't winning any championships, which is what this league
supposedly is all about; nor have they won one after a decade of wheeling & dealing.

>that leaves you with one out: To deal Mercer for a quality power forward
- - probably
packaged with Battie; perhaps Kenny included too.

I call for a moratorium on this vein of speculation until somebody can produce
for me the name(s) of a "quality power forward" who would be available,
affordable and worth parting with Ron Mercer for. Do not give me the names of
anyone on the Clippers' roster. Brian Grant? He ain't going anywhere. So is
your "quality power forward" playing in the same fantasy league as the
"defensive point guard" everybody on this list keeps calling for?