To trade or not to trade?

If I had a vote, which I don't, I would stand pat with the basic team
roster.

I don't think any other team is going to "give" us anyone.  It's to
early to trade the youngsters, their value hasn't been set yet and cap
issues.  We will not, IMO, be able to trade for upgraded talent unless
another team is in the same place as the Cav's were, needing something
for nothing like we are with Mercer if he opts out..  (I still think the
VP trade was put together by the agent in return for something else as
well.)

The Stewart debacle shows that the only guy's coming here are those who
like Pitino's system.  This should be a short list.  He probably knows
them by first name.  A wholesale trade will not upgrade this team.  A
player here and a player there will.  It just has to be the right
player, but you can only pick from the available, to the Celt's, pool.

You can't sit Mercer or Pierce as a sixth man until you have someone
behind one of them who can do at least one thing (Score, defend, rebound
etc...)  as well as the person your sitting.  There isn't anyone who is,
right now.

I think what needs to be done is for Pitino to get control of the
players and make them play his system.  Or bench them.  Period.  They'll
have their agent work a trade to get out if they are sitting on the
bench not playing.  This "system" is about controlling the tempo of the
game with defense and looking to score in transition.

I like this style of play and would prefer watching the second team play
this system then the first teams continuous, one on one attempts with
who is shooting the ball dependent on whom got the ball first.

There have to be 10 quality basketball players in the NBA today who
would like to play this system, in Boston, for the Celtic's, together as
a team.

I'm not talking of the "Dream Team" here.  Just 10 players who can play
within themselves while making their teammates on the floor better by
trying harder then the opponent.  All the time.

The beginning of the new season should prove all that the coach's need
to know about this roster.  The players who are in basketball shape when
camp opens can stay, send everyone else home to call their agent.  Fill
in from there.

<Jim

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature