Autographs

>Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:53:52 -0400
>From: JOSH FARBER <joshfarber@home.com>
>Subject: Question!

>Does anyone know the best way to get Celtics autographs?

>I really would like one of Paul Pierce before he gets to All-Star
>stature!
>                        Josh

Josh,

Go to the Celtics web site, get their address, and then write to any
player c/o the FleetCenter address.  Be sure to include a self-addressed
stamped envelope.

I went through an autograph phase in the early 90s and got about 15-20
autographs.  Getting a player early is a good strategy - stars get swamped
with mail and not everyone will respond.  I got about a 50% response rate.
I sent in basketball cards for the players to sign, most from the 90-91
Fleer set.

Signed:

Tim Hardaway (I liked him at G.S.)
Kevin Johnson
Glen Rice
Karl Malone (included a note saying it was authentic, but to only
             ask for one autograph so everyone could get a chance -
             very classy, I thought)
David Robinson
Horace Grant
Armon Gilliam
Joe Dumars
Lenny Wilkens
Cliff Levingston
Danny Ainge
Michael Jordan (almost certainly ghost-signed)
Rolando Blackman

There were more, sorry I can't remember them all.  My card albums are with
my folks in Vermont.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Dan