Momentum?

Obviously nothing carried over from last night.  A few points:

1.  Clock management??  How many times do the Celtics look like they have
no clue as to the 24 second clock?  I think they got 3 violations and 5-6
quick prayers at the buzzer.  Is anyone out there yelling "Five seconds!!
Three seconds!!" ??  I'm getting tired of seeing this sort of thing!

2.  1st quarter defense -- putrid.  You talk about the Pistons and their
ability to pass the ball...wow, they beat the press like a knife going
through butter.  They created so many layups/dunks that, as Pitino said,
the game was lost right there.  The Celtics were down 25-15 at the quarter
and that pretty much was it.  Replay showed one instance where Mercer was
out guarding up high when he should have picked up Dele down low.  Is this
ignorance, stupidity or just plain getting beat up the floor?

3.  Poorly reffed game.  Pistons took 30 FTs to the Celtics 17, a key stat.
 I know Heinsohn is a homer, but he seemed to be yelling "He was fouled!"
every other possession.  I believe either Heinsohn or Gorman also referred
to Grant Hill as a whiner.  Whatever the case, it seemed that the Pistons
were getting away with their share of hacks.  Again, a young team not
getting the calls?

4.  Still see lots of Celtic impatience there, and that shown brightest
when they tried to get the deficit down to single digits.  They'd get it to
10, then rush their shots and it's back up to 14 again before you know it.

Bob George

Read Bob George's Best Of Boston Sports At
http://www.bobgeorge.com