Bob George is NOT a shithead

I would not think of saying anything like that about you, Bob, and I can
see why you would be anxious not to be tarred with the same brush as the
notorious BSG.  Clearly, not everyone with a website is a shithead.   I
have not gone to your site, but have read enough of your opinions on
this list to know they are well thought out.

I'm trying to remember what my original point was, and I think I've got
it.  Peter made a comment about BSG and his questionable journalistic
practices.  I was just pointing out that you can not assume that someone
who posts their opinions on the net (like you and BSG do on your sites,
and all of us do here on this list) has any journalistic integrity.  We
should be aware enough to take these opinions with a pinch of salt.  I
was trying to say that the bigger problem is when you get Michael Homey
(thanks Joe) and Peter May playing good cop/bad cop trying to stir up
controversy just to sell papers.  Now these are people that should be
accountable for what they write.

Jim

>From: "Bob George" <bgp@lightspeed.net>

Just because we aren't pros, or even if you are angry at the Globe and
Herald guys, don't automatically dismiss us as "s--theads".