Re: Pippen

Almost all young players need older models/mentors to
teach them the ways and means of the game.  Grant Hill
was very lucky in having Joe Dumars.  Pippin will
probably be one of the five or six best players in the
NBA for the next three years, and his presence in
Boston would be an unmitigated blessing.  But with the
way Ron is developing, I think we should keep him, and
maybe keep Kenny too.  This trade talk is goofy.  We
have a good team, and while Pippin would be a clear
upgrade, Ron looks like he is going to be a fantastic
designated scorer in this league -- an all-star talent
who can be satisfied being the number three man.
That's rare, and you can't buy that.  Nor am I
convinced that Antoine and Pierce would be better
playing one position down.

--- Cecil Wright  wrote:
> As much as I like Toine, if he thinks he needs
> another player to whom he can
> look to for guidance and direction, why sign the
damn
> contract?  Barkley
> snorts that he's not a role model on one hand while
> placing Pip on the role
> model mantle.  Playing the game one day at a time
and
> respecting your
> teammates is all that is necessary.  These guys got
> skillz, but they need
> time to blend it all together.
>
> Cecil

and
> a "whining"
> >Pippen. Really, if we don't want whiners on our
> team, we should
> >probably trade Pierce and Walker, both of who have
> whined to the
> >media at various times.
> >
> >I listened to an interview with Charles Barkley on
> MSNBC.com.
> >He says that Pippen has established the "breakfast
> club" at Houston,
> >where Pippen, Barkley, and Olajuwon meet every
> morning to lift
> >weights and motivate each other. This is based on
> the same idea
> >that Jordan and Pippen had in Chicago. As a result,
> Barkley is in
> >the best shape (weights-wise) of his life and
> Olajuwon is again
> >playing at a high level.
> >
> >Barkley also mentions that Pippen goes above and
> beyond in working
> >with the young players on the Rockets every day.
> >
> >We could really use an experienced veteran who
could