Re: Subject: Boston's SportsGuy

You said it Peter!  Except I would hardly call any shithead with a
website a journalist.  Mind you, the "legitimate" media isn't looking
too much better in my eyes this week, either.  I mean, Pitino says to
Holley something like, *If* there was one player I didn't like coaching,
I wouldn't tell you who it is.  Holley then prints, there *is* one
player that Pitino doesn't like to coach, and he won't say who it is.
Oordway continues to represent the original misquote days after Holley
cleared it up in his column, obviously because he doesn't like what
Pitino had to say about his minion of morons.  Peter May and Bob Ryan
have had their part in setting this all up, too, with their Walker
bashing of the last year or so.

Going only by what has been posted to this list, sportsguy has said
Kenny, Antoine and Ron will all be gone next year.  For sure.  He's
setting himself up to look just as ridiculous as all of those people who
swore up and down that Walker was gone for Mashburn before the start of
this season (Peter Vescey, Jackie MacMullin, Paul M).  Some of you out
there wonder why a lot of us on the list don't like gratuitous player
bashing and unsubstantiated trade rumours all the time.  Well, you're
seeing the reason this week.  The losing is bad enough, but the
atmosphere surrounding the "fans" of this team stinks right now.

Jim

>From: peter delevett <pdelevett@amcity.com>
>To: Celtics <Celtics@igtc.com>
>Subject: Re: Subject: Boston's SportsGuy
>Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:28:21 -0800
>
>What a flaming jackass this guy is. Hacks like this give jouralism a
bad name. I wonder how he justifed his "Antoine Walker is irrevocably
finished!" proclamation after Toine's terrific all-around effort against
Indiana??