McCarty

I have to agree with the assessment of McCarty.  If you'll remember, last
year when things were getting stagnant, Walter would come in, bringing this
wonderful burst of energy and sheer love of the game and of everything
around him.  It makes me feel good just to see this guy.  You can't teach
that!  He seemed to light up every other Celtic on the floor and things
would get better almost instantly.

Pitino did say if they didn't play better tonight there would be changes in
the starting lineup, so look for that next game, on Friday night.  I don't
know if I can bear to sit through another one of these, though.  Trading
these guys isn't the answer, in my book.  Teaching them to play professional
basketball is the only way to go.  Right now they aren't playing well enough
to beat our high school team.

In my opinion, Pierce's lapse has to do partly with Pitino's criticism of
him and his game.  His game was doing very well until that happened.  We
kept reading these posts about Walker being a rookie, then only a second
year player who came out of college early.  How about some understanding of
Pierce in the same way?  A great deal of this is Pitino's fault, and I only
hope he's smart enough to see that and make some changes in the way he
designs plays.

Dorine