Bluegrass Blues

For what it's worth, I truly doubt Pierce is feeling threatened by the
"Kentucky connection" or that Pitino, Walker, McCarty or Mercer are so
unprofessional as to freeze out a talented player because he didn't go to
Kentucky. What's next ... Pitino traded DeClercq because he didn't want two
former Florida players (Schintzius is the other) on the roster??

I don't know what the answer is here ... Daniel is convinced none of our
players (save Walker) can play, others are convinced the coach is to blame and
should be fired (or, in Kevin's case, killed). The truth no doubt is somewhere
in between those two distant extremes. I do know I don't want Pitino to break
up a team of 5 top young lottery picks: Walker, Pierce, Mercer, Vitaly and the
ever-improving Battie. I have been a big Kenny fan, but like Josh (?) I am
quickly losing faith. I am even starting to slip on Mercer, though I believe
he can be a wonderful complementary player behind Walker and Pierce. His
rookie year could not have been a fluke; neither could Pierce's first month in
the league. (And by the way, I don't know that I buy this bit about Pierce
being mentally weak. Roy Williams is nobody's babysitter. He made Pierce
utilize his talents within the framework of very talented teammates; hopefully
Rick can do this too.)

Tonight, please ... pass the ball ... practice your free-throws ... defend the
lane ... post up ... don't settle for quick treys ... Follow these simple
steps and watch the results!