Re: The Case Against Pitino, part I

Hard to argue with the opinions expressed.  I've wondered what Wallace's
value has been.  I shudder to think what else has been
discussed/considered that we don't know about.

The question to me is, have these trades been by design or by default?

I always thought the Anderson trade was a wink and a nod deal with Falk
so we could resign Walker/Mercer when their contracts came due.  And it
didn't hurt to create cap space.

I hope Walker can turn it around this year.  We won't get Value for him
in a trade, IMO.
No one is going to help the Celtics improve unless they have a gun to
their head.  Otherwise we would have Campbell and maybe Jones today.
The agent(s) have to much power for the next couple years.  Only the two
Jerry's in Chicago can I picture letting Falk run their team.

I hope for Pitino's sake the Celtics record/pingpong ball gets the last
lottery pick in the draft.  #4 would be distressing.  Of course if we
trade for a better pick it will help.  Hey, let me be optimistic and
suggest that Wallace has an immediate impact 2nd rounder scope'd out!

Looking forward to the game tonight.  I expect to see as good a game as
VP can play.  I hope the old home team fans give him a warm welcome!  A
win would be nice, would be happy to see a full game's effort from both
teams.

<Jim