Denny gets lonely

Gee whiz I wonder if NBC or the Bob had anything to do with this.  Thankfully the college boys are on today, and we don't need the NBA sideshow.

Anyone see tapes of "Coach" Rambis going into the stands after some unruly fans in Philly?  Maybe Curtis should talk RP about how to fight with words instead of your fists.  Of course he was not disciplined; see paragraph 1.

"Sunday, Mar. 21 12:34pm ET
Rodman returns to Lakers
Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Dennis Rodman rejoined the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday after leaving the team for unspecified personal reasons March 13.

His return came in time for a nationally televised game against the Orlando Magic in which the eccentric rebounding champion planned to play.

In an interview with NBC before the game, Rodman would not say why he left the team, although he insisted it had nothing to do with drinking, gambling, marital problems or "smoking."

"It's just me," he said.

Rodman arrived at Orlando Arena about 90 minutes before game time and coach Kurt Rambis spoke with him briefly.

"I just asked him if he was all right," Rambis said. "He said he was all right, and that was it."

When asked if Rodman had assured him he will not leave the team again, the coach said: "I don't think anybody can make those assurances."

Rambis, hired the same day Rodman was signed by the Lakers, also declined to speculate on what might happen if Rodman leaves the team again.

"We'll have to cross that bridge if and when it happens," Rambis said. "I'm not going to sit here with hard and fast rules to what happens in future situations."

Rodman left the Lakers after practice March 13, telling Rambis he needed time off to resolve personal issues. He missed the first four games of a six-game road trip, and the Lakers lost three of those games after going 9-0 with him in the lineup.

In the nine games he played, Rodman averaged 1.9 points and 10.3 rebounds and the Lakers outrebounded opponents six times. The team was outrebounded in each of the first four games on the road trip.