REAL NAMES, ETC.

I've always used my real first name on this list, but here goes:  My last
name is Pratt.  I grew up here in Rochester, VT and when we were married my
husband was in the Navy.  We lived in Melrose, MA and that fall we bought
the first TV set either of us had ever had.  Basketball was the most popular
sport in our town when we were growing up, so it's a game I knew well.  The
first time I saw Bob Cousy dribble a basketball I was hooked, and I've been
hooked on the Celtics ever since.  I was fortunate enought to see Bill
Russell and all those greats play and watched the rivalry between Russell
and Wilt.  In those days the rivalry was Philadelphia.  They had, in those
days, the worst, rudest fans in basketball.  They used to throw eggs, ice
cubes, you name it, on the floor.  “The city of Brotherly Love” my foot!
They may have been full of brotherly love but they didn't like anything
related to the Celtics, and they didn't like them with passion!

After the navy was done with my husband worked for Raytheon in North Andover
and we bought our first house in southern NH, Newton to be exact.  We were
still not that far from Boston.  In those days the Celtics games were on the
local channels, there was no cable then or any other souce for TV except an
antenna.  We moved back to Vermont in 1972 and bought a large grocery store.

I live in the mountains of the Green Mountain State - we purchased a large
dish 20 years ago because it's the only way we can receive television - too
far from the stations and too mountainous for the signals to reach us.  We
now have both a large and small dish, thanks to both the Celtics and the Red
Sox choosing to put half their games on WABU.

Hope I haven't bored you, but if any of you list memebers are ever up our
way, give us a call, we're in the book.

Dorine