No Subject

However, these are VP's averages after his first three games with the
Celtics:

	Minutes per game:	25.0
	Field Goal Percentage:	 70% (14/20)
	Rebounds per game:	 6.7
	Points per game:	10.3

I realize that we are only talking about three games here, but Potapenko's
stats are completely different!  While 6.7 boards per game isn't outstanding,
it is still good (particularly in only 25 minutes).  And, he seems to be
taking high percentage shots and hitting them, which wasn't the case in
Cleveland.  Is VP just a better "fit" with the Celtics than with the Cavs?

When we traded for VP, Pitino lauded his ability to play one on one
defense.  Yet, on Sunday Rik Smits torched him for 28 points, and today
the Clipper centers (Wright and Olowokandi) combined for 30 points and 19
rebounds.  Of course, VP was only in for about half of the game, but it is
still strange to see such huge numbers by opposing centers 2 games in a
row.

All in all, though, it's looking like the VP trade is going to work out
for the Celtics.  Perhaps, once the C's start playing home games and VP
starts to learn the system, the Celtics will still make a run at the
playoffs.  (It would be nice to give Cleveland a non-lottery pick!)

Michael Byrnes
mbyrnes@stanford.edu