Re: another need to address

Bashing Vitaly?  I've been as critical of the trade as anyone on the
list, I think, and I you can't really say I've been bashing him.  He is
what he is.  Big, young, strong, aggressive, semi-talented and
completely non-athletic (I wonder if he can touch the rim, let alone
dunk).  He is certainly an upgrade for the Celtics at center.  The only
questions are, could they have gotten someone better with what they gave
up?  (is either Wright or Dampier better? Could they have gotten either
of them?)  Also, can V be a starting center on a contending team?  I
don't think that's a sure thing yet.  Signing him to a good contract
takes away a lot of the doubts about the trade.  The attitude V has
shown on the court and in the media since coming here takes away some
more.  A few 10, 12 or even 15 rebound games and there would be very few
doubters left.

The only other thing, in case no one's pointed it out yet, is that
Walter signed a 3 year contract extension already, and is here to stay.
I don't think any other team will value him as much as Pitino does.  He
will want him on the bench, whether he's playing 25 minutes a night or
5.

Jim

>From: "gil moreno" <kuya_g@hotmail.com>
>To: celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: another need to address
>Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 07:15:20 PST
>
>Although most of you on this list have been bashing "the Ukrain Train"
these past few days, he is definitely better than Riley and Schintzus
combined.