Re: AW

You have your opinion, and Pitino has his.  And his counts slightly
more than yours.  He views Brand as one of the tiop three picks
in the draft,   and he's right.  Antoine has trouble guarding the Dale
Davis's of the NBA world; Elton Brand will bounce him around and
spit him out and that's just in the first quarter.
MG

Tim Lynch  wrote:

> Not.  Brand is at best the second coming of Armon Gilliam or Byron
Houston.
> He's like Corliss Williamson with less mobility and explosiveness.
He's
> generously listed at 6-8 and scores by knocking weaker defenders
back (many
> times an obvious offensive foul that goes uncalled) and then
shooting while
> they're off balance.  In the NBA this will elicit little more than a
chuckle
> from unimpressed PF's holding him off the block.  He doesn't really
pass or
> defend well either.
>
> Say what you will about AW but he will eat Elton alive in the pros.
Brand's
> game is perfectly suited to dominate the NCAA but he'll have no
advantages
> in the pros whereas AW was probably more suited for the NBA than the
NCAA.
> Antawn Jamison at least has a quick leap and release to be effective
in the
> pros yet even he hasn't fared too spectacularly yet.  Elton doesn't
even
> have that.
>
> Tim

==