Re: Walker out to Kenny and...clank!

I believe that Paul's point is not that Kenny should be taking that
shot, but that it would be nice to have a backcourt that could shoot
the three-pointer. I completely agree. I respect Mercer's maturity
in not trying a shot he can't make, but really, having another three
point threat on this team, especially in the backcourt, would help
this team. Yes, we can have Walker and Pierce shooting the 3's but
when they are shooting 3's, they aren't rebounding, which is their
strength.

As for the 3-point "culprits" on our team, even though I cringe
whenever Walker shoots the three early in the shot clock, he is
shooting a very respectable 35% from 3-point range. Bowen is
shooting 33% and I would actually encourage him to keep taking
them; he only takes it when he's open, and really the second-unit
offense is not going to be generating much better than that.
If McCarty and Minor stop, that's fine but they haven't taken
that many three-pointers.

Kenny's decision making on offense in general is not bad though.
It's really the fact that he can't make any easy shots that is pretty
annoying. I know, people want Kenny to not shoot, but when we are
getting no offense from the 1 and 5 and Walker and Mercer shoot 30%,
it's hard to win games. If Anderson can just consistently sink the
15 footer from the top corner of the key that defenses give him,
he'll actually be an effective scoring point guard.

Alex