Re: Potapenko

>Potapenko was impressive today in the Celtics loss. If he's
>consistently contributes like he did, he'll certainly be worth
>Declercq and the first rounder. He showed a variety of offensive
>skills, hitting a couple jump shots, a hook shot, and showing
>the ability to put the ball on the floor in the paint, although
>he didn't finish on a few of these.

*** Yup.  I like him but not really impressed YET!  Im convinced that
Potapenko is better than Andrew at 5 but still am not sure if giving up
Drew and a probable top 10 pick for Jumbo is worth it.  Im surprised
with how he runs the floor.  He is not as slOoOooOOOOooooOOOoow as most
of us thought.  Just sloOOOooow.  But its just one game.  Lets see how
he fares against Ewing, Mourning and other prime centers who are good
one on one players. He still has to disprove my belief that he is a poor
one on one defender and no laterals to speak of.  For all what its
worth, his heft is really an asset.  Id be willing to eat my words and
put my foot in my mouth once Potapenko proves that he is THE center of
this team.

>He boxed out his man effectively but was a bit klutzy holding on
>to rebounds. Defensively, he took a couple charges on slashing
>Pistons and contained Bison Dele.

*** Okay he sacrifices his body to draw some charges, I love him for
that.  He is picking up from where Drew left off.  One reason why
Potapinky is a poor rebounder is that he is not a great leaper and he
doesnt have those long arms ala Eric Riley.  If you had noticed, his
arms seem to be not in proportion with his body.  I guess thats one
reason why he doesnt get much rebounds though he positions himself well
under the basket.

btw, why did Pitino transform Potapinky into a Phantom in the 4th?