Re: Taylor & Wright

In a message dated 3/5/99 12:14:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, gh18@juno.com
writes:

<< Who is the better player?  Riley or wright? >>

I still have no idea if this trade report by Bos3332 is legit or rumor but
Wright is the better player. Both Wright & Taylor are mobile big men who would
fit better in Pitino's system. Wright had 13 boards and 4 blocks tonight
against the Rockets and Hakeem. Both guys are young and could be part of the
C's for a very long time.

I'd hate to see Mercer go but if we continue to have Mercer, Pierce and Walker
in the lineup at the same time our frontcourt will get abused on the boards
unless we somehow come up with a monster rebounding center. The reported trade
would also rid us of Minor who is taking up a roster spot.

C - Wright, DeClercq, Battie
PF - Taylor, Battie, Jones
SF - Walker, McCarty
SG - Pierce, Bowen
PG - Anderson, Barros

This is still only 11 players so either Garnett could be activated or C's
could sign someone like Sheppard who was just released by the Hawks today. I'm
sure Schintzius would be released if this deal was made.

I'd still like to see the Barros for Wesley swap go down since if Kenny gets
hurt we're screwed otherwise. Barros can come off the bench but cannot do it
fulltime. Then we can draft a young PG and eventually trade either Anderson or
Wesley.

George