re:Portrait of an Artest as a Young Man

I found a profile of St John's 2-guard Ron Artest in today's New York
Post ("Portrait of an Artest").

He sounds like an angry/hungry kid who's had an unimaginably difficult
life from my point of view. He lives with 14 family members in a five
room housing unit, decorated with his sports trophies (some stand 6 feet
high). The article claims he broke both a backboard and rim while
dunking at the age of 11.

I guess what MIGHT separate him talent-wise from ex-teammate Felipe
Lopez is his plus passing skill. I really don't know. He doesn't sound
like your ideal "team chemistry" player to me. Anyway the article is
at:  http://www.nypostonline.com/sports/stj.htm

Sorry if this post doesn't seem Celts related. I recall that Mister
Grouch or someone else had expressed interest in drafting him.

****