Re: From Michael Holley.

Damn I've been too busy today and missed Holley's comments.
But I'll second the notion that this team isn't going to improve
defensively because Pierce is the only above-average defender
among the major components of the team.  So they either have to
draft someone or trade, and knowing the impatience of Pitino,
a deal may be in the works.  somehow I get the feeling Pitino
is showcasing Battie and he may be included in a package with
Mercer.  The LA Clippers with their their desperate need for
backcourt help may be the perfect club for the the C's to trade
with.  Both Wright and Taylor would be nice fits into the Pitino
system.

So here's the deal: Mercer, Battie, and future No. 1 to the Clips
for Taylor and Wright.  Certainly would would solve a lot of the
C's problems, and with the upcoming draft being rich in shooting
guard/small forwards, the C's could draft an adequate replacement
for Mercer.

MG

damekmo@teleport.com wrote:

> From Michael Holley in this morning's Globe:
>
> <P>But Pitino also knows that the trading deadline is less than two
weeks
> away. He has to ask himself if this team, as constructed, will grow
into
> better defenders. And if the answer is no, he has to ask himself if he
> wants to make a trade. He has said that he does have an opportunity to
> secure a big man. Will he make a move?<P>
>
> He "does have an opportunity" to get a big man! Not "if" he does!?!
Has