remember when...

I can't help but think back to the 1997 draft when we had the 3 and 6 picks
and it looked like we were going to send them to Chicago on draft day for
Scottie Pippen. We all prayed this didn't happen (me included) but even
after the lousy season Pippen had, his value is sky-high. He could fetch
Rice, Theo Ratliff, any of the top picks. Chauncey landed Anderson and
Mercer, apparently, isn't drawing that much interest. It's one of those
trades that didn't happen that probably would have helped us in hindsight.

Actually, I long for that kind of draft-day anxiety. It's been far too quiet
today. Hope something happens tonight.

Mark