My take on trade rumors

<Beside talking to the Bulls about Stoudamire, the Blazers and Celtics
have also discussed a possible exchange of Ron Mercer and Dana Barros for
Kelvin Kato, Jimmy Jackson and Walt Williams.>

I am neutral on this deal which probably means it is an equal trade...

<Toronto's #5 and #12 picks go to Boston for Mercer.>

This isn't enough in this weak draft, IMO...

<Mercer and Kenny Anderson to Golden State for Donyell Marshall, Adonal
Foyle, and the Warriors #10 pick.>

I don't like this, trading two starters for 3 reserves, although they fill a
need...

<Mercer to Cleveland for the #8 pick and Derek Anderson>

First time I heard this one. I don't like it and I think it is too
coincidental to be realistic. Besides, Anderson's health has to be suspect
after two leg injuries...

<A future #1 pick (either in 2000 or 2001, lottery-protected) for one of
Atlanta's #1 picks this season (#17, #21, #22 or #27). (to get Herran)>

Would only happen if Kenny is traded in some other deal...

<Anderson to Golden State for Donyell Marshall and #10.>

I like this one (maybe since I started it <g>)...

<Any trade involving Mercer and Mashburn>

Any trade involving this two won't happen unless we get a leg. power forward
in return. I can't believe they continue to recycle Riley's wish list. A more
realistic trade is Mash and Brown for Kenny and Mercer...

<Mercer to Phoenix; Chapman, McCarty, Popeye and Celts #1 (2000) to
> Denver; Fortson and #9 this year to Celts.>

I don't like this one either. This is a huge overpay for a unproven, possibly
undersized PF and a question mark draft pick...

DJessen33