Off the topic, but ...

I have to say, I felt badly for Sprewell at the end of Friday's game. No doubt
some will see this as some kind of silly moral metaphor, but the guy played
his heart out, and they had an excellent chance to win. What stellar defense
by Sean Elliott, sealing him off at baseline and bodying him, hands up, until
help came ...which it did, quickly. Elliott couldn't have played it better.

I saw that Ewing said today, "My role's not going to change next year." He
needs serious counseling. There's no way in hell the Knicks will go back to
having Houston, Sprewell & Camby standing around while Ewing plods through the
paint. He'd better get used to a David Robinson-type role as a rebounder and
third offensive option.