Mark Heisler: Celtics Shopping Mercer, Anderson

Somewhat old news....

  Web-published June 27, 1999 | Updated 5:12 a.m. PT

  THE NBA / MARK HEISLER
  It Might Be Easy to Mock These Picks
  [.][.] OK, it's time for our annual mock draft.

  MARK HEISLER , Times Staff Writer

                                               Sure enough, the Celtics are
                                        shopping Ron Mercer, who has signaled
                                        he won't re-sign this summer and will
                                        leave as a free agent in 2000. Of
                                        course, Rick Pitino says they're not
                                        really shopping him: "We have to go
                                        out and talk to every team to see what
                                        they will offer us for our players,"
                                        Pitino said. "If we were to miss
                                        something that could make us a better
                                        team because we weren't willing to
                                        talk about trading our players, then
                                        we wouldn't be doing our job. The
                                        unfortunate thing is that it gets out
                                        and it looks like you're trying to get
                                        rid of your players." . . . Oh yes,
                                        the Celtics are going out and talking
                                        to every team to see what they will
                                        offer for Kenny Anderson too.

         Copyright © 1999; Los Angeles Times and Total Sports Inc.
                            All Rights Reserved.