Celtic Notes

Steve Bulpett in today's Herald mentions that Pitino is "very
pleased with the offseason workouts of the Celtics."  Pierce,
Anderson, Potapenko, Battie, Popeye, and even Mr. Injured
Reserve himself - Pervis Ellison have shown up for the workouts. As
regards
Ellison, Pitino is realistic: "Based on his past, I'd say he's not
going to be part of the mix for us... But I'll judge him on what
he does. If he proves me wrong, that would be great."

In other Celtic news, I know the Green team has had at least two
players in for private workouts.  Now, the C's never have these
guys in, at these private workouts, as just a lark.  If they're
strutting
their stuff for the C's behind closed doors, it's because they (the
Celtics)
have a formidable amount of interest in drafting the players.  Last
year,
Pitino worked out Nowitzki and Olowokandi in private.  This year,
it's been Aleksandr Radojevic and Player X.

I know who Player X is, but I can't reveal his name.  However, I'll
give you a couple of clues: It's not Andrei Kirelenko, who may
actually be drafted in the first round.  Clue Number 2: Player
X played his collegiate ball in the backcourt on the Left Coast.
Ray