NBA Rules Committee Changes

http://cnnsi.com/basketball/nba/news/1999/06/23/nba_rules/

Looks like a 14 second clock for common fouls in the front court, when the
clock is under 14 seconds. That one sounds like fun. Who will be watching
the clock at the time of the foul? Maybe the whistle will stop the clock
and the time determined then. Should save some game time.

No zone defense. Evidently they want more scoring. Like baseball, they
zipped up the baseball, smaller strike zone etc. I personally think the
defensive game the Knicks and sometimes the Celts play is more exciting.
I'd like to see a composite of the shooting percentages of today and say 10
years ago.

Note: TV ratings for the playoffs are awful, games on 9:00 at night bad
move, more people watching rodeo, must be the small market the Spurs have.
Where is San Antonio?