Re: Sam Smith On Ron Mercer

--- Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> "Ron Mercer continues to be one of the most
> available players.
> There has beentalk the Celtics would take Jerry
> Stackhouse from
> Detroit or Jamal Mashburn from Miami for him."

Sam Smith for a reporter in based in Chicago seems awfully interested
in Celtics personnel even when it doesn't concern the Bulls. Regarding
Stackhouse, he is currently on a 7 year 37 mill deal. Ask this, if C's
can afford Stack plus his entourage at the above salary, why can't they
afford Mercer who is a much better player.

> Smith in non-Celtics news also mentions the newest
> Penny Hardaway
> trade rumor: Hardaway to Toronto for Doug Christie
> and the 5th
> pick.

To which I would say, how the mighty have fallen, a player once
proclaimed to be the next Michael Jordan for Doug Christie (who?) and
5th pick. In fact, if there is any truth to rumours of Penny being
traded, the only Mercer trade I would consider is the rumoured PH for
Mercer and Anderson deal, for others, I would say dream on. - Mishra