Odom back to school

Good for Lamar Odom and a big Ha Ha to Jerry Krause. I imagine he'll take
Francis now, or maybe trade Francis for a few other picks and take Maggette
and Jason Terry.

Watching Tim Duncan makes me weep.

Phil J will take the Lakers to the conference finals, where they would do
better against the Robinson/Duncan if they had O'Neal/Campbell or
O'Neal/Battie than O'Neal/Knight or Horry or whoever else passes for poward
forwards in LA these days.  Perhaps he will try Rodman, or resurrect
the JR Reid who played so well for the Hornets before the trade.

I'm thrilled with Antoine's commitment to keeping in shape and working on
his shot. Rather than being pissed off about how the fans treated him, he
wants to get better.  Good for him!

With Odom likely heading back to URI, the Grizzlies may be more likely to
part with their #2. They were assuming they would get Steve Francis, a
player several other teams covet. Now that it might be Brand or Baron
Davis, their pick is worth less. They still need a 2G, although they might
not want Mercer since he's not a 3-pt shooter, and they already have one of
those in Filipe Lopez. They're more likely looking for frontcourt help.

Jersey Red is way over my head - we might make a ton of big changes!!!
then again we might do nothing!!! It really is true that some of the Cs list
writers know more and write better than some of the sportswriters
(including the terrible and boring Peter May).

So who's it going to be at #55? Will Vonteego Cummings be available? How
about Rickey Moore? Are we even getting that pick for certain? I'm making
the pick for the Usenet Mock Draft, and welcome your input.  Herren won't
still be on the board at #55 or he'd be the no-brainer.  If we trade up, I
want

Andre Miller or Ron Artest.  And if we trade, period, I'd like Lorenzen
Wright
or Rasheed Wallace (they won't give up Grant).  If Indiana would give up
Al Harrington to go along with Dale Davis, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Indy in the playoffs:  How can someone 7'4" miss a shot? Or not get every
rebound?  I look up at the basket and imagine being two feet taller and man
I'd eat that basket for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Go Spurs!

--Ellie