Re: What Bskball has been hearing

> BskBALL of BskBALL@bskball.com wrote:

> Battie is out only if Rogers is in, other than that Pitinio will keep him
> in the mix.

Wow, what a relief !! I was worried Pitino might trade Battie if the Jazz
offered us Karl Malone....Glad to see we're holding out for our first choice
(6-7 Rodney Rogers). :-)

I don't buy any part of this particular rumor.

Don't you think Pitino has watched his hometown Knicks (and Marcus Camby)
perform in the playoffs? Wasn't Pitino complaining since his first season
that his defensive system won't work without a shot blocker? As I noted
earlier, Battie literally ate Camby alive in the first Knicks-Boston game I
watched this year, both athletically and in terms of b-ball execution. There
was no way you could not notice the similarities in their games.

Joe
-----